Climbing that mountain of lead
2 posts in 2 days!
What's the world coming to?
Despite being cold, today was sunny and good opportunity to do some varnishing.
That's all 30 of my Pulp Figures Melanesian figures now finished and varnished.
I've just got to find somewhere to store them now!
A while ago when waiting for some supplies to arrive, I took the opportunity to finish painting the last few remaining Ver'men (Obviously not Skaven!) that I had lying around on the lead mountain, they came from Black Tree Designs. These joined the Melanesians on the varnishing table.
From Midlam Miniatures are 3 Red Hook Horrors, only one of which I painted red! However, I find the idea of flesh and poo coloured monsters appealing. These were painted earlier in the year and are now varnished.
18 more pulp personalities painted and varnished.
That's all of them done, unless they're some more lying around that I haven't spotted. Which is quite likely!
2 of them are wearing kilts, I've hidden them in the back. Painting tartan is something that eludes me still.
I've been slowly but surely painting since my last update 3 months ago.
Today I varnished 21 pulp personality figures.
They're a mixture of Pulp Figures Pulp Heroes & Personalities, Copplestone Castings' Back of Beyond Adventures and Footsore Miniatures' Irish War of Independence figures.
I'm now about 75% of the way through painting all my pulp personalities.
After that I have to move on to WWII Russians and I need to varnish some vehicles I've got laying around.
There was a gap in the weather on the 21st February that allowed me to varnish the last 9 figures that I'd painted.
It took me about a week to paint all 9 - which is quick going for me.
Painted and varnished 18 figures for Gameblast, various pulp figures and the like.
Unfortunately, the photos I took looked crap! So may some more at a later date.
Well today I threw a mini in the bin, actually I threw it against the painting shed door first (And it left a dent!).
It was a WWII German motorcycle rider from Foundry and I just could not get the stinking handlebars to stick to the bike.
I'd managed to do it with the first 2, but the 3 was too much.
This is only the 3rd time I've ever given up on a mini ever. :(
That's right, 2 painting blogs... in a month.
Today I just varnished 15 German soldiers that I've been painting throughout January. Now ready for The Indiana Jones Charity Globe Trot.
Yes I know it's now 2020.
And yes, it's taken nearly a year to prepare to write the next post for this blog.
But I have been doing some painting during all this time... honest...
So I'm going to try post photos I took of the miniatures I painted from February to December!
13th November 2019
These figures were photographed on the 13th November 2019.
These are the first of the 'pulp' figures for my GameBlast20 game - The Indiana Jones Charity Globe Trot.
14th December 2019
These are Thuggee cultists from Pulp Figures. Again they're for The Indiana Jones Charity Globe Trot.
I've painted some of them in the yellow and white scheme I saw on the Pulp Figures website. The others are painted in red and black as seen in 'Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom'.
3rd January 2020
The mine carts and track all come from Ainsty Castings.
8 of the mine carts were painted for GameBlast19 (Which was before the end of February 2019.), they've only just been varnished.
The track has all been painted and varnished recently.
There you have it. That's all the photo's I have.
I've painted more than (I must have!?!) this over 2019, it's just there's no photos of them, honest... You'll have to take my word for it!
Hopefully, the blog will see some use over 2020.
So, at the start of the year I decided to blog about whatever I painted this year.
So it's February and here's the 1st post.
Amera Plastic Mouldings create 'vacuum formed' terrain and scenery.
This scenery is thin (actually hollow), light and seems durable. Perfect for my needs - I tend to lug stuff around.
This is the 1st time I've painted err... that's not right really. Mostly I just added grass flocking to the scenery and dry brushed the rocky parts.
So anyway, this is the 1st time I've worked on something like this. It was easy to do and it should look acceptable.
The scenery comes as squares of plastic that needs trimming and cutting. I said earlier that it was thin, but that doesn't stop it being a 'proper mission' to trim.
So there you go, first post done.
I play, I paint.